Security of medical devices is of great concern to healthcare providers, as unauthorized access to a biomedical device may not only threaten confidentiality of electronic protected health information (ePHI), but also has the potential of compromising availability of service and integrity of data that might be critical to patient care. Many hospitals and health systems do not have the tools or processes in place to find and profile all of the biomedical devices within their network. As a result, healthcare providers are not assessing vulnerabilities, performing risk analyses, or taking appropriate steps to reduce risks of these devices to acceptable levels.
In order to keep up with the vast amount of biomedical devices, a medical device security solution has to be more than the traditional vulnerability assessment.
New technology is needed to:
- discover and inventory medical devices,
- identify which devices have ePHI,
- assess their vulnerabilities,
- interpret active threats,
- and provide actionable insights for reducing risk.
Join us to learn more.
In this webinar, attendees will:
- Gain a better understanding of the current landscape of medical device challenges in healthcare
- Understand the components to full medical device lifecycle management
- Learn how a medical device security solution can help discover, inventory and categorize your medical devices